Sarah K. Jacobs, Esq.Associate Attorney at Ward & Co. CHTD
Sarah Jacobs was raised in Maryland. Sarah began her law career as a paralegal. During her employment, she realized she wanted to obtain her law degree. Sarah graduated from Villa Julie College, now known as Stevenson University, with a Bachelors of Science in Paralegal Studies. Sarah attended the University of Baltimore School of Law while continuing to work as a paralegal.
During law school, Sarah was a student attorney for the University's Family Mediation Clinic, where she represented clients in Family mediations and also conducted mediations as a mediator. Sarah obtained her 40-hour mediation certification and her child access mediation certificate while attending law school. Sarah also continued to work as a paralegal while attending law school.
After graduating from law school, and upon passing the Maryland State Bar,
Sarah began working in an insurance defense law firm. Sarah soon realized
that she did not want to do insurance defense work. Sarah shortly thereafter,
began her career in family law. Before joining Ward Pratz & Associates,
P.A. in 2016, Sarah practiced in Howard County for two family law firms
where she further developed her family law practice. At Ward Pratz &
Associates, P.A., Sarah will be practicing primarily family law, but will
also assist with other areas of law.
Sarah is a certified Maryland mediator, both general and child access mediation. She has also been trained in Collaborative Law.
Sarah is an active member of the Maryland State Bar Association, Maryland Association for Justice, Howard County Bar Association, and Anne Arundel County Bar Association.
If you are looking for legal help, contact our Glen Burnie family lawyers today.
- Areas of Practice:
- Family/Domestic Law
- General Representation
- Child Support
- Litigation Percentage:
- 75% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Certified Legal Specialties:
- 40 - hour Mediation, University of Baltimore, School of Law, 2010
- Child Mediation, University of Baltimore, School of Law, 2010
- Collaborative Law, International Academy of Collaborative Professionals, 2013
- Bar Admissions:
- Maryland, 2012
- University of Baltimore School of Law, Baltimore, Maryland: J.D., 2011
- Villa Julie College (now known as Stevenson University), Stevenson, Maryland: B.S. Paralegal Studies, 2006
- Honors & Awards:
- Super Lawyers, 2015
- Professional Associations & Memberships:
- Maryland Association for Justice, Member, 2012 - Present
- Maryland State Bar Association, Attorney, 2012 - Present
- Howard County Bar Association, Member, 2015 - Present
- Anne Arundel County Bar Association, 2016 - Present
- Past Employment Positions:
- The Law Office of Harry B. Siegel, LLC, Associate Attorney, 2015 - 2016
- The Collaborative Law Group, Associate Attorney, 2012 - 2015
- Parler & Wobber, LLP, Associate Attorney, 2012
- Ancillary Businesses:
- Notary Public, Maryland