Glen Burnie Criminal Defense Lawyers
Protecting the Rights of Defendants in Maryland
When your freedom is at stake, do not trust your case to an inexperienced lawyer. Without a knowledgeable defense attorney on your side, there will be no one protecting your rights. Trying to navigate the criminal justice system by yourself is a mistake people make far too often.
At Ward & Co Law, our Glen Burnie defense attorneys provide strategic, aggressive defense to Maryland residents and people from other states who were charged in Maryland.
When our criminal defense attorneys take a criminal case, we do not just accept the prosecution's version of the facts. We investigate the case to collect evidence and interview witnesses. We also determine whether the evidence is admissible and whether the client's constitutional rights were violated. When appropriate to the case, we may use experts in forensic evidence, accident reconstruction or blood alcohol content (BAC).
The firm provides representation to individuals charged with state and federal crimes such as:
- Domestic violence
- Drug crimes
- Weapons crimes
- Assault and battery
- Sex crimes
- Vehicular manslaughter
- Theft crimes
- Burglary and robbery
- Property crimes
- Traffic violations and license suspensions
For a free consultation, please call (410) 775-5955. Our Glen Burnie divorce lawyers can help you!
In the greater Baltimore area, there are numerous federal and military buildings. Any crime that is committed on federal property can be charged as a federal crime. We can assist you with these crimes, including federal DUI, federal property crimes and others.
Why You Should Hire a Criminal Attorney
One of the first decisions you will make when facing criminal charges is whether you should hire a criminal defense attorney. There are several reasons why hiring a criminal defense lawyer is beneficial, including:
- They understand the legal system - An experienced defense lawyer understands the ins-and-outs of the court system and can guide you through the legal process.
- They have built relationships with prosecutors - Although it may seem counterintuitive to develop a good relationship with the opposing counsel, it can actually positively affect the outcome of your case. For example, this relationship may allow them to negotiate a better plea deal or negotiate an affordable bond.
- They have experience with similar cases - There’s a good chance that an experienced criminal lawyer has dealt with situations very much like yours and knows what to do to provide you with the best possible outcome.
- They can save you money - Getting the best possible sentencing for your case could prevent you from losing your job or your professional license. Even without losing your job, serving a sentence or sitting through extended court proceedings could cause financial strain.
- They can protect your future - If your charges get reduced, it’ll keep a felony off your record and prevent you from risking your career. If your penalties are reduced, it can keep you out of jail and save you from losing your job. If your case is dismissed entirely, any negative consequences from a criminal conviction will no longer be an issue.