Columbia, MD Contract Preparation & Negotiation
Fostering the Business Interests of Columbia, MD Residents
Contracts are the life-blood of commerce and business throughout the world, governing a variety of transactions ranging from simple retail sales to complicated commercial dealings involving extensive terms and conditions that the parties must honor over a long period of time. In theory, the parties to a contract receive a mutual benefit from their bargain.
However, the benefits of a contract do not come without a cost. To ensure that a person does not bear the costs of a deal without receiving their expected benefit, the parties discuss, negotiate, and ultimately agree on certain terms.
If you are concerned about your rights and responsibilities regarding a transaction, you should retain the experienced services of a Columba, MD contract preparation & negotiation attorney from Ward & Co Law.. Our team of experienced attorneys has dedicated years of their practice handling commercial transactions with legal issues ranging from simple to complex. We are ready to advocate for your interests when it comes to negotiating the terms of your business agreements.
To learn more about our legal services, call us at (410) 775-5955 today!
Elite legal counsel in Glen Burnie, Columbia, and surrounding areas.Attorney Profiles
We Are Ready to Represent Your Business in Contract Negotiations
The negotiation phase of a business transaction can potentially last for months to years, depending on the complexity of the deal and the sophistication of the parties’ needs and goals. A major commercial transaction may have a lot of moving parts and specific conditions. As a result, the parties take special care to plan for various contingencies and outcomes.
At Ward & Co Law. you can count on our experience in business law to promote and preserve your business by providing the following services:
- Reviewing terms and conditions: You and your business’ rights in certain transactions stem from agreements and certain laws. Our contract attorneys will review the provisions of a contract to determine the nature and extent of your rights and responsibilities regarding that transaction.
- Negotiating terms and conditions: A contract reflects the mutual agreement between the parties. The parties’ rights and duties are the result of careful compromise. We can represent your company during critical negotiations to make sure a contract properly reflects its best interests.
- Drafting contracts: When the parties to an agreement are satisfied with the terms and conditions of their bargain, the provisions of a contract should use precise language that accurately reflects the deal. Our contract lawyers at Ward & Co Law have experience in writing contracts so the parties have a working understanding of their specific rights and obligations.
- Modifications: In certain transactions, circumstances will develop that may necessitate changing certain contractual provisions after the parties signed it. We can advise you on your rights and options for amending and revising a contract after you finalized it.
- Liquidated damages: Generally, the law affords the parties to a transaction broad discretion when entering into a private contract. A contract can even dictate the extent of a party’s liability for breaching the agreement through what is known as a “liquidated damages” provision. We can carefully negotiate on your business’ behalf in tailoring such a provision to help maximize the company’s benefit while minimizing risk.
- Choice of law: The interpretation of a contract depends on what set of laws to apply when interpreting and enforcing its terms. A major point of contract negotiations involves choice of law provisions governing the construction and enforcement of the contract. We can represent your company in negotiations to find a beneficial choice of law provision that will promote and protect your business’ rights.
Reach Out to Ward & Co Law. to Consult Our Columbia, MD Contract Negotiators Today
The rights and interests of you and your business deserve professional legal solutions that you can rely on. That is because the financial stakes of a commercial transaction can be very high. If you are about to enter into a major business deal and are concerned about your legal rights, it is highly recommended that you seek the professional advice of a contract preparation & negotiation lawyer in Columbia, MD. At Ward & Co Law., our legal team has years of experience negotiating contracts and resolving business disputes. You can benefit from our experience and skill to help secure the pecuniary benefits of your business dealings.
Please call Ward & Co Law. at (410) 775-5955 or contact us online to schedule an appointment to discuss your legal needs and circumstances today.
Why Choose Ward & Co Law?Elite Legal Counsel in Glen Burnie & Columbia
We Have Proudly Served Maryland Residents Since 1997
We Have Extensive Experience in a Wide Range of Practice Areas
We Prioritize Effective Representation & Exceptional Service
We Offer the Resources & Skill of a Large Firm in a Suburban Setting
We Offer Free Consultations
Proudly serving clients in Glen Burnie, Columbia, and Beyond.