General Counsel Attorneys in Columbia, MD
Advising Business Owners in Columbia, MD
Many businesses have an in-house attorney who focuses on the legal interests of the company. However, for many small to medium-sized businesses throughout the country, including Maryland, hiring a dedicated legal representative to serve as general counsel for the company is not economically feasible. In such cases, more and more companies are beginning to seek out-house legal services in lieu of hiring an in-house attorney.
If you are looking for legal advice for your business that an in-house attorney would otherwise provide, you should call Ward & Co Law. to inquire about our general counsel services in Columbia, MD. We take provide in providing businesses throughout Maryland with in-house quality legal representation at cost-effective rates to help find legal and financial security for their entrepreneurial operations.
Please call us at (410) 775-5955 to learn more about our general counsel services today.
Elite legal counsel in Glen Burnie, Columbia, and surrounding areas.Attorney Profiles
Valuable Legal Representation Concerning Business Matters
Whether you operate a larger enterprise or a smaller, modest commercial undertaking, business owners often find themselves wasting a lot of time and effort jumping through various legal hoops just to make sure they are operating a business that doesn’t break the law.
Federal, state, and local laws and regulations can be difficult to understand without the experience and education of a licensed attorney. At Ward & Co Law., you can rely on our team of business lawyers to deliver comprehensive legal advice and advocacy you thought only larger businesses could afford. We are dedicated to providing businesses with the opportunities to run a legally compliant commercial enterprise at an affordable rate.
You can expect us to provide legal advice and representation for the following issues:
- Reviewing transactions: Our experienced legal team will carefully review contracts and other important documents in connection with your business and its dealings.
- Preparing and drafting employment documents: One of the most important transactions for a business involves the deal it makes with those who work for it. A poorly drafted employment agreement can expose a business to significant liability. At Ward & Co Law, our team of attorneys can advise you about your rights, options, and recommend a course of action to help secure the welfare of your enterprise.
- Drafting and updating company policies and bylaws: A profitable business operation owes its success to the policies and rules governing its affairs, such as its employment activities, management methods, and interactions with third parties. Our Columbia, MD legal team provides legal comprehensive general counsel services to craft effective policies and rules that comply with the law and reflect your company’s culture and values.
- Preparing and revising employee handbooks: If you want your company’s employment culture, work ethic, and attitudes toward business to affect every aspect of its operations, your business needs a written handbook that conveys its values to your employees while controlling the risk of liability.
- Advice and compliance regarding labor and employment laws: Businesses that employ a workforce to carry out its essential operations must adhere to applicable state and federal employment laws and regulations. Noncompliance can result in crippling civil penalties and possibly criminal sanctions. To ensure your business maintains compliance with complicated labor and employment laws under federal and state labor codes, you can rely on the experienced legal representation of our legal team at Ward & Co Law.
- Business insurance: The rewards of operating a business enterprise are not attainable without facing certain risks. Although the risk of certain losses might be low if you carefully run your company, the costs can be crippling if that risk actually materializes. Business insurance policies can help safeguard your company from such losses. We can advise you about your rights regarding business insurance, including policies that cover employment practices liability (EPL), directors & officers (D&O), commercial liability, product liability, and workers’ compensation.
Consult Our General Counsel Lawyers in Columbia, MD by Calling Ward & Co Law. Today
Your business aspirations deserve professional legal support, so you do not have to worry about whether your business is legally compliant with the various rules and regulations that the government imposes on companies. At Ward & Co Law. we are standing by to advance your interests and the business operations of your company. Backed by years of legal experience in business law, business owners in Columbia, MD can benefit from the skill and knowledge of our talented attorneys, and so can you and your company.
To arrange for an initial case evaluation about your legal needs and options, please call Ward & Co Law. at (410) 775-5955 or contact our office online today.
Why Choose Ward & Co Law?Elite Legal Counsel in Glen Burnie & Columbia
We Have Proudly Served Maryland Residents Since 1997
We Have Extensive Experience in a Wide Range of Practice Areas
We Prioritize Effective Representation & Exceptional Service
We Offer the Resources & Skill of a Large Firm in a Suburban Setting
We Offer Free Consultations
Proudly serving clients in Glen Burnie, Columbia, and Beyond.